Vaccine Safety: Is The Science Really “Settled”?
The majority of the medical community believes the question of whether or not vaccines are safe has been clearly settled by science. But science is an ever-changing collection of theories and ideas, adjusted frequently by new information. Some of the things declared true 20 years ago have since been proven wrong. And that will always be the case, especially in the field of medicine.
But regarding vaccines, who actually “settled the science” on safety? The answer should alarm you:
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) undertook extensive vaccine safety research during the 2000s in response to new concerns about side effects. Their research was thorough, but it was also rife with financial conflicts of interest:
- Dr. Julie Gerberding was the head of the CDC from 2002 to 2009 and oversaw all vaccine safety research. After leaving the CDC, she became the head of Merck’s vaccine division and has worked for them ever since. Merck makes half the vaccines the CDC investigated.
- Dr. Gerberding just sold half of her stock in Merck for a reported $2.3 million.
- Just to be clear – the very doctor who oversaw 8 years of CDC research that determined “vaccines are safe” not only gained $4.6 million from the very company she was “objectively” investigating, but has worked for that pharmaceutical company for six years now.
- These financial conflicts existed prior to Dr. Gerberding’s tenure. During the 1990s, the doctor who headed the ACIP, the CDC board which makes vaccine policy, also held stock in Merck. The U.S. government reprimanded the CDC twice (in 2000 and 2007) for allowing a majority of the doctors who do vaccine safety research and vote on vaccine approvals to have financial ties to vaccine manufacturers.
- This year (2016), a group of over a dozen senior CDC scientists calling themselves Scientists Preserving Integrity, Diligence, and Ethics in Research, or SPIDER, have come forward and lodged a formal complaint that the organization is compromised by corporate and government interests and has lost its mission to objectively safeguard the health of our country.
Dr. William Thompson, a head researcher for the CDC who was heavily involved in vaccine safety research under Dr. Gerberding, now claims the research was done improperly, data were manipulated, research documents which showed some serious problems with vaccines were destroyed, and ten years of research were wasted. Dr. Thompson is represented by attorneys, has been granted official whistleblower status by President Obama, and is currently waiting to testify before a congressional committee with the help of Florida Senator Bill Posey.
Stolen CDC money has yet to be recovered. Poul Thorsen, a Danish researcher who played a key role in vaccine safety research for the CDC during the 2000s, was indicted in 2011 for wire fraud and money laundering of $2 million in CDC research money. He has so far eluded authorities, and is still at large.
Falsified research reports from Merck Pharmaceuticals are currently being investigated in federal court. Two scientists, Stephen Krahling and Joan Wlochowski, who worked for Merck to develop the MMR vaccine, are involved in a federal lawsuit claiming Merck instructed them to falsify their research procedures and data to make the vaccine appear more effective than it really was. This five-year case is on-going.
Pharmaceutical Money for Legislators
The California Senator who wrote the new mandatory vaccine law SB 277, and who is touring the United States to help others pass the same law, received the most pharmaceutical donations in the entire California Legislature.
Institute of Medicine Admission
The Institute of Medicine admits that the current vaccination schedule has not being researched to determine whether or not it is safe. Their 2013 Report makes the following statements:
- “studies designed to examine the long term effects of the cumulative number of vaccines . . . have not been conducted.”
- “existing research has not been designed to test the entire immunization schedule.”
- “the committee generally found a paucity of information that addressed the risk of adverse events in association with the complete recommended immunization schedule.”
These are the scientists, government entities, and pharmaceutical companies who “Settled the Science.” When we are dealing with the highly complex human body and the reality that every individual reacts differently to medical interventions, especially pharmaceutical products, the science can never really be “settled.”
Asking questions does not make you anti-vaccination…it makes you pro-immunity education.